Trusteer Rapport is lightweight security software that takes a proactive approach to prevent wire and ACH fraud, as well as phishing and other threats, at no cost to you. This software provides an additional layer of protection for your online banking communications, and is highly recommended by our professionals as extra security to help boost any anti-virus or security software that you might already use or have in place. By protecting your connection and creating a tunnel for safe communication for your electronic banking habits, Trusteer Rapport is the trusted choice and takes the next step when detecting malicious attempts to steal money from your bank account.
Your Money Is At Stake
National Exchange Bank & Trust takes various measures to protect you against the threat of criminal activity, but one of the biggest risks that our experts see is connected to the computer you use for banking. Computers, and other electronic devices, are constantly at risk of being exposed to malware or phishing tactics of cyber thieves.
Malicious Software (Malware)
Automatically and silently downloaded onto your computer when you browse the internet, malware captures your login information and transfers it to criminals as you log in to your bank’s website. Malware is also capable of discreetly changing the transactions you execute, as directed by criminals.
Phishing Or Pharming
Cyber criminals build fake websites that look very similar to your bank’s website. They do this to lure you into visiting these fake websites and submitting your online banking login information. This data is later used to access your online bank account.
Benefits of Trusteer Rapport
There are a variety of features that come with the Trusteer Rapport software, which include:
- A proactive rather than reactive approach to threats and incidents.
- Help preventing wire and ACH fraud.
- Alerts to prevent phishing.
- Added security with no change in user behavior.
- Value-added security software provided at no cost by National Exchange Bank & Trust.
Why Your Current Computer Security is Not Enough
It takes days or even weeks for anti-virus vendors to identify and remove new variants of financial malware. Until they manage to do so, the malware remains undetected on your computer. Cyber criminals can attack your bank account minutes after you get infected with financial malware and significantly impact your finances before this malware is detected and removed by your anti-virus program.
Dedicated Online Banking Security
Trusteer Rapport takes a unique approach that adds real value on top of your current security software. When you connect to our Business eBanking program and have Trusteer Rapport installed, Rapport does three main things in the background to make it extremely difficult for criminals to target you, such as:
- Trusteer Rapport verifies that you are really connected to our genuine website as opposed to a fake website created by criminals. Although this sounds trivial, it may not be obvious that you reach a genuine website when you type the address into your web browser.
- Once verification is complete, Trusteer Rapport locks down communication between your computer and Business eBanking. This prevents criminals from hijacking your online connection with the bank.
- Trusteer Rapport protects your computer and internet connection by creating a tunnel for safe communication, preventing criminals from using malware to steal your login data and tamper with transactions.
Available at No Cost to You
Trusteer Rapport is available to you at no charge! National Exchange Bank & Trust covers all costs associated with the development, maintenance, and support of Trusteer Rapport because we believe the safety and security of your bank accounts is priceless.
However, we want to make sure our customers fully understand that the agreement to use Trusteer Rapport is strictly between the Business Electronic Banking customer and Trusteer.
Trusteer Rapport is both easy to download and use. In order to get this software downloaded correctly, here is what you need to do:
- Navigate to the link provided within the Business Electronic Banking message center or bulletin area.
- Click the “Download Rapport Now” button to install the software on your computer. This only takes a couple of minutes, and a short video demonstrating how to install the software is available.
- Click “Next”, “Yes”, and “Continue” when prompted until the installation process is complete. There is no need to restart your computer once all is finished.
- After being installed, a small Trusteer Rapport icon will appear next to your browser’s address bar. This icon is green when you are on a website protected by our software and turns grey when you are on a website that is not protected by Trusteer Rapport. The icon is for your information only and does not require any action from your end.
- When you first log onto your bank account after installing Trusteer Rapport, you will see a message asking you to approve the protection of your online banking login information. From there on, Rapport works in the background and pops up only if a security risk is identified.
Support When You Need It Most
Trusteer Rapport offers a 24-hour customer center to help with any questions or issues you may have. This center provides live chat, telephone, and email support, all of which can be found on the Trusteer website. You may also find the FAQs provided on the Trusteer website to be helpful as well.
For updated system requirements, please visit the IBM Trusteer Support website. The Trusteer Rapport software will continue to run even if most of your browsing is done using an unsupported browser, and it does not interfere with your browsing habits. Additionally, you can always choose to switch to a supported browser when you log onto a sensitive website, such as Business Electronic Banking. And, if you have any questions during this process, please do not hesitate to reach out. Our experts are happy to help!