Trusteer Rapport is lightweight security software that provides a layer of protection for your online banking communications. Rapport is highly recommended by National Exchange Bank & Trust as an additional layer of security to any anti-virus or security software you already use and other procedures in place. By protecting your internet connection and creating a tunnel for safe communication with Business Electronic Banking, Rapport detects malicious attempts to steal money from your account.
Your Money is at Stake
National Exchange Bank has taken various measures to protect you against the threat of criminal activity, but one of the biggest risks is the computer you use for banking. Here are two sophisticated attacks that criminals use to access your online bank account using your computer:
Malicious software (or malware)
Automatically and silently downloaded onto your computer when you browse the Internet, malware captures your login information and transfers it to criminals as you log in to your bank’s website. It is also capable of silently changing the transactions you execute, as directed by criminals.
Criminals build fake websites that look very similar to your bank’s website. They do this to lure you into visiting these fake websites and submitting your online banking log-in information. This data is later used to access your online bank account.
Benefits of Trusteer Rapport
- Helps prevent wire and ACH fraud.
- Provides alerts to prevent phishing.
- Adds security with no change in user behavior.
- Is provided at no cost by National Exchange Bank & Trust.
- Takes a proactive rather than reactive approach to threats and incidents.
Why Your Current Computer Security is Not Enough
It takes days or even weeks for anti-virus vendors to identify and remove new variants of financial malware. Until they manage to do so, the malware remains undetected on your computer. Cyber criminals can attack your bank account minutes after you get infected with financial malware and significantly before this malware is detected and removed by your anti-virus program.
Dedicated Online Banking Security
Trusteer Rapport takes a unique approach that adds real value on top of your current security software. When you connect to Business Electronic Banking and have Rapport installed, Rapport does three main things in the background to make it extremely difficult for criminals to target you:
- Rapport verifies that you are really connected to our genuine website as opposed to a fake website created by criminals. Although this sounds trivial, it may not be obvious that you reach a genuine website when you type the address into your web browser.
- Once verification is complete, Rapport locks down communication between your computer and the Business Electronic Banking website. This prevents criminals from hijacking your online connection with the bank.
- Rapport protects your computer and internet connection by creating a tunnel for safe communication, preventing criminals from using malware to steal your log-in data and tamper with transactions.
Available at No Cost to You
Trusteer Rapport is available to you at no charge! National Exchange Bank & Trust covers all costs associated with the development, maintenance and support of Trusteer Rapport.
However, the agreement to use Trusteer Rapport is between the Business Electronic Banking Customer and Trusteer.
Easy to Use
Rapport is very easy to download and use. Here’s what you need to do:
- Navigate to the link provided within the Business Electronic Banking message center or bulletin area.
- Click the “Download Rapport Now” button to install it on your computer. This only takes a couple of minutes. A short video demonstrating how to install is available.
- Click “Next”, “Yes” and “Continue” when prompted, until installation is complete. There’s no need to restart your computer once the process has completed.
- Once installed, a small Rapport icon will appear next to your browser’s address bar as seen in the picture below. This icon is green when you are on a website protected by Rapport and gray when you are on a website that is not protected by Rapport. The icon is for your information only and does not require any action from your end.
- When you first log onto your bank account after installing Rapport, you will see a message asking you to approve the protection of your online banking login information. From there on, Rapport works in the background and pops up only if a security risk is identified.
Support When You Need It Most
Trusteer operates a 24-hour customer center to help with any questions or issues you may have. They offer live chat, telephone and email support, all of which can be found on the Trusteer website.
You also may find the FAQ provided by Trusteer to be helpful.
For updated system requirements, please visit http://www.trusteer.com/support/supported-platforms.
You can still have Rapport running even if most of your browsing is done using an unsupported browser. Rapport does not interfere with your browsing. You can always choose to switch to a supported browser when you log onto a sensitive website, such as Business Electronic Banking.