Fond du Lac
As part of the ACH Team you will be exposed to a variety of Deposit Operations, including but not limited to System Balancing, Overdrafts, Tax Reporting and ACH Processing. You must have strong analytical skills and be confident in making risk based decisions. As an Overdraft Rep you will frequently analyze customer relationships and make decisions to pay or return overdraft items. You will coordinate all contact with overdraft customers related to notices, fresh start loans, etc. Exceptional customer service skills are a must as you will work with a variety of internal and external customers on a variety of sensitive issues. You will also possess in depth knowledge of System Balancing procedures and complete additional ACH Team duties as assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Review the Daily Overdraft Report, analyze accounts to make appropriate decisions to pay or return items
- Assess Overdraft fees per bank policies/guidelines
- Maintain Fresh Start Loans and utilize them appropriately to help customers pay back excessive overdrafts
- Maintain confidentiality of all customer and bank information
- Work on basic ACH Processing
- Process ACH Stop Payment Requests
- Maintain IOLTA and IBRETA Accounts as needed
- Complete System Balancing functions as needed
- Meet all project and production deadlines
- Report account collections to Transworld and Chex Systems
- Perform basic office duties as necessary; answering the telephone, directing phone calls, emails and faxes
- Ability to complete all assigned task in accordance with bank policies and procedures
- Perform other duties, responsibilities and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently with a high degree of accuracy
- Detail oriented and able to analyze information and documentation in depth
- Strong business communication skills both orally and written
- Ability to work in a team environment, with a professional demeanor at all times
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of basic Bank Balancing Procedures
- Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation or dust. Length of work day is unpredictable, depending upon volume of business and department activities.
- Periodic travel to branch offices and/or customer locations is required.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work independently, accurately and maintain good customer relations with the ability to adapt to varying customer and transactional volume. Must be able to quickly re-establish priorities, responding to the changing needs of the department.
- Manual dexterity skills for typing and use of computer and other related office systems and equipment.
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs. is required.
- Occasional bending, reaching and stooping.
- Constant visual effort is required. Up to 75-100% of the work day is spent at a computer monitor and/or with written or computer generated paper documents.
- Constant sitting is required.
Training and Preparation
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year of banking and customer service experience, preferred.
- Three to six months of on-the-job training to become familiar with departmental policies and procedures
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.