Under supervision by senior management, but in accordance with established policies and procedures, manages commercial and agricultural loan accounts that meet established lending requirements and provide maximum profitability to the bank at minimum risk. Responsible for understanding and utilizing FSA and SBA guaranteed loans, as well as Farmer Mac I in minimizing risk and providing sources of fixed-rate financing to meet customer needs. Also responsible for developing, servicing and retaining commercial loan business. This position will cover lending in the Montello, Westfield, Coloma, Princeton and surrounding areas.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Take, evaluate and decision commercial and agricultural applications including supporting documentation, as needed. Answer loan-related inquiries via phone, email and in-person and manage applications via both in-person and online application methods.
- Collect and analyzes information that reflects the current credit worthiness of customers and the current merits of existing loans. May obtain information through direct inspection of the applicant's business and/or collateral, review of interim financial reports, personal interview and other means.
- Establish, and negotiate where necessary, terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method and schedule and collateral requirements.
- Approve loans up to a board-approved limit and serves as a contact officer on loans above this limit; serves on the Agricultural Loan Committee.
- Monitor loan repayment activities and take necessary action to collect from past-due accounts; also help in components of the loan processing function, as needed.
- Develop new business by contacting prospects and customers and establishing relationships with key community members for potential referrals in addition to cross-selling other bank loan and deposit services.
- Provide agricultural lending origination and support across multiple branches.
- Participate in community events and organizations to increase the bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Knowledge of FSA and SBA guarantee loan products and engagement with FSA representatives in building strong, collaborative relationships.
- Monitor commercial construction loans including inspection, disbursing funds and collecting lien waivers, as needed.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Interpersonal skills to represent the bank in a positive light, clearly communicate options available to existing and potential customers and conduct business development calls with potential customers.
- Ability to effectively present information to aid in loan/credit decision making or in securing approval for procedural changes.
- Strong knowledge of loan documentation, regulatory and compliance requirements, current pricing and available loan programs. Knowledge of bank operations.
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Proficient with technology including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), as well as loan origination software and related systems and technology.
- Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation or dust. Length of work day is unpredictable, depending upon volume of business and department activities.
- Periodic travel to branch offices and/or customer locations is required.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work independently, accurately and maintain good customer relations with the ability to adapt to varying customer and transactional volume. Must be able to quickly re-establish priorities, responding to the changing needs of the department.
- Manual dexterity skills for typing and use of computer and other related office systems and equipment.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. is required.
- Occasional bending, reaching and stooping.
- Frequent visual effort is required. Up to 75-100% of the work day is spent at a computer monitor and/or with written or computer-generated paper documents.
- Frequent sitting is required.
Training and Preparation
- Bachelor's degree in finance, agri-business or a related field or comparable work experience.
- 3-5 years commercial lending experience, formal credit training preferred.
- 3+ years of farming/agri-business experience preferred; general knowledge of production agriculture required.
- Familiarity with the market helpful.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.