Under supervision by senior management, but in accordance with established policies and procedures, manages commercial and agricultural loan accounts that meet established lending requirements and provide maximum profitability to the bank at minimum risk. Responsible for understanding and utilizing FSA and SBA guaranteed loans, as well as Farmer Mac I in minimizing risk and providing sources of fixed-rate financing to meet customer needs. Also responsible for developing, servicing and retaining commercial loan business.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Take, evaluate and decision commercial and agricultural applications including supporting documentation, as needed. Answer loan-related inquiries via phone, email and in-person and manage applications via both in-person and online application methods.
- Collect and analyzes information that reflects the current credit worthiness of customers and the current merits of existing loans. May obtain information through direct inspection of the applicant's business and/or collateral, review of interim financial reports, personal interview and other means.
- Establish, and negotiate where necessary, terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method and schedule and collateral requirements.
- Approve loans up to a board-approved limit and serves as a contact officer on loans above this limit; serves on the Agricultural Loan Committee.
- Monitor loan repayment activities and take necessary action to collect from past-due accounts; also help in components of the loan processing function, as needed.
- Develop new business by contacting prospects and customers and establishing relationships with key community members for potential referrals in addition to cross-selling other bank loan and deposit services.
- Provide agricultural lending origination and support across multiple branches.
- Participate in community events and organizations to increase the bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Knowledge of FSA and SBA guarantee loan products and engagement with FSA representatives in building strong, collaborative relationships.
- Monitor commercial construction loans including inspection, disbursing funds and collecting lien waivers, as needed.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Interpersonal skills to represent the bank in a positive light, clearly communicate options available to existing and potential customers and conduct business development calls with potential customers.
- Ability to effectively present information to aid in loan/credit decision making or in securing approval for procedural changes.
- Strong knowledge of loan documentation, regulatory and compliance requirements, current pricing and available loan programs. Knowledge of bank operations.
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Proficient with technology including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), as well as loan origination software and related systems and technology.
- Length of day can be unpredictable; must be available for after-hour calls and to attend events, as needed, or as deemed beneficial to the bank.
- May be required to sit for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity skills; large percentage of time spent viewing monitors and keyboarding.
- Travel to customer locations and other branch offices required, with ability to be mobile, walk on uneven ground, stoop, bend or otherwise inspect businesses, farmland and equipment.
Training and Preparation
- Bachelor's degree in finance, agri-business or a related field or comparable work experience.
- 3-5 years commercial lending experience, formal credit training preferred.
- 3+ years of farming/agri-business experience preferred; general knowledge of production agriculture required.
- Familiarity with the market helpful.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.