Fond du Lac Office
Part-Time/Full-Time (35 hrs/wk average)
Hours for this position could fluctuate between 30-40 hours per week.
Eligible for full-time benefits.
Under supervision by management, but in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulations, will work with the Appraisal Team to order, coordinate, review and manage appraisal and evaluation requests for the lending process. Will be responsible to serve as a key contributor in communication between lenders, processing & underwriting, and appraisers. Position would be expected to maintain exceptional quality control practices for appraisal and evaluation review to mitigate lending risk for real estate transactions while providing timely request processing to limit delays in loan processing.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Review real estate evaluation and appraisal orders for completeness and accuracy.
- Submit orders for real estate valuations through Mercury Network or appraisal broker companies
- Coordinate with lenders and applicable loan processing teams to manage pending orders and provide status updates as needed.
- Review completed evaluation and appraisal reports for quality assurance using internal procedures and Fannie Mae validation tools.
- Communicate final report review results to lender and applicable loan processing teams.
- Monitor backlog of pending orders in Mercury Network and manage attention items in a timely manner.
- Communicate valuation concerns or delays to management and assist with resolution planning.
- Complete administrative tasks including preparing mailings and customer notifications, processing vendor invoices and monitoring email communications.
- Manage vendor interactions with outside appraisal and evaluation providers as directed by management to maintain strong relationships and ensure high performance for property valuations.
- Assist with other lending-related projects and reporting tasks as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of all customer and bank information.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Abilities
- Interpersonal skills to build relationships and effectively communicate with internal customers and other bank resources. Must project a positive and professional bank image.
- Communicate effectively via phone, written and in-person. Answer questions and solve problems for lenders and loan staff concerning appraisals & evaluations; listen to problems, collect data, secure answers and report results to the inquiring party.
- Strong computer skills including proficient user of Microsoft Office products and related products.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly with loan and other policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with urgency and accuracy.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to assess situations to determine the best course of action for completing quality control process.
- Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation or dust.
- Must be able to work independently, accurately and maintain good customer relations with the ability to adapt to varying customer and transactional volume. Must be able to quickly re-establish priorities, responding to the changing needs of the department.
- Manual dexterity skills for typing and use of computer and other related office systems and equipment.
- Some flexibility in working hours including but not limited to overtime or weekends may be required at times.
Training and Preparation
- Relevant banking experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience including appraisal knowledge, real estate sales or lending or other property valuation familiarity preferred but not required.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.