Fond du Lac Office
Under general supervision, but in compliance with established policies and procedures, performs various loan department functions including, but not limited to: preparing and reviewing loan documentation and checks, balancing transactions, and submitting transactional information to appropriate third parties. Other duties include taking telephone inquiries from vendors and customers, tracking and reporting loan progress, and back-up duties as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Review loan documentation for consumer loans using appropriate checklists and compliance knowledge.
- Verify loan totals after closing to prepare for input to the loan system, which can include creating checks, GL tickets, wires, and balancing the loan.
- Data entry into various loan and core systems to update loan files.
- Delivery of information and collateral documentation to investors.
- Monitor various email inboxes and respond to requests timely.
- Perform various other duties as assigned: assist with projects throughout the department as needed, submit wires with appropriate approvals, perform other position’s duties as a back-up, remain informed in the industry compliance and news.
- Answer telephone inquiries from customers, vendors, and employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interact collaboratively and productively to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and Microsoft products.
- Positive attitude and professional communication.
- Ability to be mobile in order to retrieve files from various areas of the bank.
- Must be able to move from one responsibility to another quickly and smoothly.
- Due to the changing volumes of the mortgage industry, must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to quickly re-establish priorities, responding to the changing needs of the mortgage loan department.
- Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation or dust. Length of work day is unpredictable, depending upon volume of business and department activities.
- Manual dexterity skills for use of computer and other related office systems and equipment.
- Occasional lifting of up ot 30 lbs is required.
- Occasional bending, reaching and stooping.
- Frequent visual effort is required. 75-90% of the work day is spent at a computer monitor and/or with written or computer-generated paper documents.
- Frequent sitting is required.
Training and Preparation
- Accounting, Balancing, or Retail Loan experience preferred but not required.
- Flexible positive attitude for friendly and professional communication.
- Approximately six months to 1 year of on the job training to become familiar with established loan systems and procedures.
- Regulatory and compliance training to stay abreast of current and new state and government regulations.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.