Beaver Dam Office
Under supervision by senior management, but in accordance with established policies and procedures, manages commercial loan accounts that meet established lending requirements and provide maximum profitability to the bank at minimum risk. Responsible for developing, servicing and retaining commercial loan business.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Interview loan applicants and collect and analyze financial and related data to determine the general credit worthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request.
- Establish, and negotiate where necessary, terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method and schedule and collateral requirements.
- Approve loans up to a board-approved limit and participate in loan committee or other loan communications to obtain loan approval, etc. and serve as a contact officer on loans above limit.
- Collect and analyzes information that reflects the current credit worthiness of customers and current merits of existing loans. May obtain information through direct inspection of applicant's business and/or collateral, review of interim financials, personal interview & other means.
- Monitor loan repayment activities and takes necessary action to collect from past-due accounts.
- Develop new business by contacting customers and prospects, establishing relationships with key community members for potential referrals, in addition to cross-selling other bank services.
- Participate in community events and organizations to increase the bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Take, evaluate and decision commercial applications including supporting documentation, as needed. Answer loan-related inquiries via phone, email and in-person and manage commercial loan requests and inquiries collected or assigned.
- Monitor commercial construction loans including inspection, disbursing funds and collecting lien waivers, as needed.
- Help in organizing and prioritizing open exception files, and work in coordination with credit and loan processing functions to address them.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Work in cooperation and coordination with credit, loan processing and collection departments to facilitate loan approval, documentation preparation and collection, as needed.
- Complete and submit necessary loan forms (i.e. Short Form Credit Request, Commercial Loan Processing Details, etc.) to allow requests to flow thru defined processes.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Interpersonal skills to represent the bank in a positive way, clearly communicate options available to existing and potential customers and conduct business development calls with potential customers and centers of influence.
- Ability to effectively present information to aid in loan/credit decision making or in securing approval for procedural changes.
- Strong knowledge of loan documentation, regulatory and compliance requirements, current pricing and available loan programs. Knowledge of bank loan operations preferred.
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Must be able to work independently, accurately and maintain good customer relations with the ability to adapt to varying customer and transactional volume. Must be able to quickly re-establish priorities, responding to the changing needs of the department.
- Ability to operate a PC with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as loan origination software and related systems and technology.
- Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation or dust. Length of work day is unpredictable, depending upon volume of business and department activities.
- Periodic travel to branch offices and/or customer locations is required.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time. Frequent sitting is required.
- Manual dexterity skills for use of computer and other related office systems and equipment.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. may be required. Occasional bending, reaching and stooping.
- Frequent visual effort is required. Up to 75% of the work day is spent at a computer monitor and/or with written or computer-generated paper documents.
Training and Preparation
- Bachelor's degree in finance or a related field or comparable work history.
- 3-5 years commercial lending experience, formal credit training preferred.
- Familiarity with the market helpful.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.