Fond du Lac Office
The Benefits Administrator is responsible for directing and planning of benefits administration including details related to all employee benefit plans for the Bank, as well as the day-to-day operations of these plans. The Administrator will interpret and contribute to human resources policies and procedures and ensure compliance with all benefit-related notifications, reporting and government regulations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Administer employee benefit programs including medical, ACA, dental, vision, flexible spending, disability, life/AD&D, and 401(k), as well as supplemental and voluntary programs, including integration of benefit programs following mergers and acquisitions. Serves as primary contact with plan vendors and third-party administrators for benefit plans.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle and document procedures relative to enrollments, COBRA, terminations, status changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident/death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, hardships, and WC filing and coordination. Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update benefit-related employee payroll records.
- Ensure prompt and accurate compliance with all regulatory requirements including preparation and distribute of all required annual notifications, incorporation and communication of plan amendments and benefit agreements, and confirmation that insurance policies are kept current. Prepare and submit reports to the IRS for each plan, ensuring 5500s and other required reporting is completed, audited and submitted according to established requirements and deadlines.
- Verify calculations of monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain relevant data regarding premiums, claims and costs. Resolve administrative problems with carriers. Assign appropriate benefits costs for each location, correcting discrepancies, and preparing GL reports.
- Compile and provide 401(k) contribution data and submit deferrals to Plan record keeper for investment, per plan participant elections. Ensure we are ERISA compliant.
- Coordinates short-term salary continuation, long-term disability, family and medical leaves and other leave plans to ensure compliance with the policy guidelines and applicable laws.
- Obtain statistics and information in benefit renewal process and prepare annual enrollment materials, set up online enrollment rates & offerings, coordinate benefit meetings, and ensure all employees have the opportunity to enroll annually. Meet with senior HR and Bank leaders, as well as Broker, to discuss plan options. Contribute to the overall benefit strategy of the Bank.
- Assist the Payroll Technician with bi-weekly payroll processing duties on a dual control basis including: Review of weekly reports; process payroll records in HRIS system; post/maintain changes to payroll data; prepare/distribute checks; balance payroll and process entries into general ledger accounts; and perform year-end W-2 verification, including computing and posting imputed income.
- Interpret the bank’s human resources policies and procedures and benefit plans and respond to supervisor and employee questions. Implement and communicate changes and recommendations to benefit plans, where identified, and contribute to policy, guidelines and handbook revisions to ensure compliance with regulations, as well as to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Stay abreast of new trends and legislation as it applies to the Affordable Care Act, ERISA and other benefit related regulations. Educate the broader HR staff related to applicable changes.
- Collaborate and contribute on the design, analysis and implementation of compensation strategies including survey participation, market analysis and internal hierarchy alignment.
- Perform HR-related project work as required, including benefit analysis, HR Audit requirements and other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Capable of effective planning and priority setting; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while performing day-to-day duties with attention to detail; able to re-establish priorities and adjust to changing business needs.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs. Ability to understand, evaluate and make recommendations; able to use judgment on proposals.
- Proven ability to work independently, with ability to work collaboratively and develop strong working relationships with vendors, colleagues and brokers. Demonstrated ability to perform duties with a high level of tact and integrity. Represent HR function and the Bank in a positive light.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to communicate clearly and professionally in both written and verbal forms, including experience with documentation of processes and procedures.
- Exhibited ability to interpret regulations, guidelines, and changes applicable to the benefits offered by the Bank, to effectively explain them to supervisors and managers, and to follow up accordingly.
- Established project management and leadership skills.
- Proficient with technology with advanced skills with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), HRIS System, IBS and other systems.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information professionally.
- Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation, and dust.
- Working condition may be required to sit for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity skills; large percentage of time spent viewing dual computer monitors and keyboarding.
- Periodic travel to branch offices for benefits-related meetings or other activities is required.
- Length of day can be unpredictable; extra hours required based on workload and benefit cycle.
Training and Preparation
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or related field or equivalent experience required.
- 4-5 years of experience with benefits administration, plan design, government reporting; 3-4 years of experience with benefit-related payroll duties required.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OBRA, Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Proficient with HRIS systems and benefits databases required; prior ADP experience preferred.
- Certified Benefits Professional (CBP), Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) or other benefit-related proficiency designation preferred. Professional in Human Resources (PHR), SHRM-CP or other related HR designation beneficial.
- Prior experience with the analysis, design and administration of compensation programs helpful.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.