Fond du Lac Office
Under the direction of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Officer, and in alignment with established policies and procedures, responsible for performing investigations of cases generated by Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering system. This includes reviewing and researching customer transactions to identify and report suspicious activity to ensure compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA PATRIOT Act, and other applicable laws and regulations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Performs an investigation of “cases" generated by the anti-money laundering monitoring system to determine whether transactions identified qualify as suspicious activity and require filing a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) and document results.
- Communicates results of analysis and/or research to BSA Officer including conclusions and recommendations for next steps.
- Prepares and submits Suspicious Activity Reports to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network as required by law.
- Maintains information on customers with repeat SAR activity.
- Prepares periodic reports on SAR activity.
- Performs due diligence and monitors “privately owned ATM” customer/account activity.
- Prepares and updates policies, procedures, forms and other documentation to provide guidance and direction to all applicable NEBAT lines of business on the requirements for identification and reporting of suspicious activity.
- Completes OFAC scans.
- File Currency Transaction Reports.
- Track Monetary Service Business (MSB) customer activity.
- Perform FinCen314(a) searches.
- Participates in annual review and updating of BSA software parameters.
- Maintains strong knowledge of all applicable current and proposed BSA/Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws and regulations.
- Assists with projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), organization and prioritization skills with the ability to work independently, as well as, collaboratively within a team environment and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, law enforcement, regulators and auditors while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Must possess strong decision making, analytical and investigative skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have the ability to work in a high-stress, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Detailed knowledge of banking laws relative to BSA/AML and exposure to broad banking regulations.
- Personal computer skills must include the proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), FIS systems (Insight, Image Centre, Prime), and knowledge and ability to effectively conduct internet searches.
- Length of work day may be unpredictable, depending on issues and/or projects in progress.
- Ability to be mobile to move around to different workstations, meet with employees, travel to branch locations.
- Sitting is required for multiple hours a day.
- Manual dexterity skills for typing and use of computer systems.
- Prolonged and frequent mental and visual concentration required.
Training and Preparation
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3+ years of banking and BSA experience preferred.
- Strong background in banking laws and regulations.
- In-depth BSA & AML training offered through banking associates or other equivalent avenues.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.