Waukesha or Fond du Lac Office
Under general supervision, but in compliance with established policies and procedures, the Commercial Loan Processing Manager has direct oversight and management of the commercial loan processors as well as commercial loan support staff. The processing manager will be responsible for coaching and development of staff, working closely with other departments to ensure seamless workflow and evaluating processes for efficiencies. The processing manager frequently collaborates with the AVP of Loan Operations to ensure department goals and objectives are being met and serves as the back-up to the AVP in their absence.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provides direction, coaching and development for commercial loan processors and commercial loan support staff holding regular team meetings and individual 1:1s with all team members.
- Sets strategic department goals as well as individual processing goals. Reviews and analyzes department data for trends and sets metrics and goals to maximize department and individual quality, output and other key performance indicators.
- Trains, schedules, assigns work to, and reviews job performance of team members; makes recommendations in regard to hiring and salary; and, when necessary, executes corrective action steps for personnel. Responsible for staff efficiency ratios and optimizing resource allocation.
- Collaborates with other departments and builds relationships to improve overall efficiency and workflow of loan processing.
- Manages LaserPro, identifies enhancements and capabilities, notifies and trains staff when changes or updates occur to system.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory guidance, as well as bank policies and procedures, adjusting and/or implementing new procedures as changes occur.
- Manages commercial processing projects and process improvement initiatives, as identified, and may participate in loan operations functional and/or organizational projects, as needed.
- Performs other duties, responsibilities and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Abilities
- Supports and communicates organization and department vision and goals. Demonstrates flexible leadership style while effectively managing resources and people, promoting individual and team development.
- Ability to supervise multiple employees at various locations and effectively answer questions and resolve problems. Ability to provide guidance and influence direct reports to help strengthen knowledge and skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to tailor message to audience; speaks and writes clearly and concisely with ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal exchanges; works effectively with teams to accomplish organizational goals; ability to develop/maintain strong relationships with internal & external partners; listens attentively.
- Complete familiarity with the bank’s policies, procedures, and guidelines. Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures including the ability to analyze and interpret data to aid in decision making.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality of customer, bank, and prospective client information.
- Ability to operate standard office and bank equipment and required software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Normal office environment. Length of workday is unpredictable, depending upon volume of business and department activities.
- Must be able to move from one responsibility to another quickly and smoothly.
- Periodic travel to branch offices is required.
- Manual dexterity skills for use of computer and other related office systems and equipment.
- Frequent visual effort is required. Up to 75% of the workday is spent at a computer monitor and/or with written or computer-generated paper documents.
- Sitting for extended periods of time may be required.
Training and Preparation
- Requires 3-5 years of demonstrated leadership experience with strong emphasis on coaching and staff development.
- Prior exposure to commercial loan transactions, including processing experience and expanded knowledge of complex commercial loans.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Leadership, Business or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Strong knowledge of banking regulations and compliance related to lending operations.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.