Fond du Lac Office
Under general supervision, but in compliance with established policies and procedures, performs various loan services department functions including, but not limited to preparing and reviewing loan documentation and checks, balancing transactions, and submitting transactional information to appropriate third parties. Other duties include taking telephone inquiries from vendors and customers and tracking and reporting loan progress.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Collect all pertinent customer, collateral, and loan data in a timely manner.
- Prepare loan documentation for assigned basic Commercial & Agricultural loans using appropriate Loan Origination Software.
- Prepare loan modifications, including deferrals, temporary over lines and change in terms agreements as needed.
- Perform quality control of reviewed commercial loan files.
- Verify loan totals after closing to prepare for input to the loan system, which can include creating checks, GL tickets, wires, and clearing the loan.
- Perform maintenance on core system, which includes payment posting, posting draw requests and running payoffs.
- Assist with department projects when applicable.
- Train across other related areas within the loan department to develop and improve workflow, lending, and processing knowledge. Potentially be a backup resource when needed.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities and activities, which may change or be assigned at time with or without notice.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work independently, accurately, and maintain good customer relations with the ability to adapt to varying customer and transactional volume. Must be able to quickly re-establish priorities, responding to the changing needs of the department.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work, with frequent interruptions and tight and often changing deadlines.
- Efficiently manage a pipeline and the ongoing tasks related to loans in process.
- Must be able to transition from one responsibility to another quickly and smoothly.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills; able to utilize appropriate resources to make decisions.
- Strong attention to detail, quality orientation, and technical aptitude.
- Ability to interact collaboratively and productively to establish and maintain effective working relationships with loan services, lenders, and management.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products and standard office equipment.
- Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation or dust. Length of work day is unpredictable, depending upon volume of business and department activities.
- Periodic travel to branch offices and/or customer locations is required.
- Manual dexterity skills for typing and use of computer and other related office systems and equipment.
- Ability to be mobile in order to retrieve files from various areas of the bank.
- Occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs is required.
- Occasional bending, reaching and stooping.
- Constant visual effort is required. Up to 75-100% of the work day is spent at a computer monitor and/or with written or computer generated paper documents.
- Constant sitting is required.
- Additional hours may be required during periods of high loan volume.
Training and Preparation
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or related field, or equivalent experience, preferred, but not required.
- Some banking experience, including prior exposure to commercial loan processing, preferred.
- Approximately six months to 1 year of on-the-job training to become familiar with established loan systems and procedures.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.