Waukesha or Fond du Lac Office
The location of this position is to be determined based on the location of the candidate that is hired.
Under general supervision, but in compliance with established policies and procedures, performs various loan services department functions including, but not limited to preparing and reviewing loan documentation and checks, balancing transactions, and submitting transactional information to appropriate third parties. Other duties include taking telephone inquiries from vendors and customers and tracking and reporting loan progress.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Collect all pertinent customer, collateral, and loan data in a timely manner.
- Prepare loan documentation for assigned basic Commercial & Agricultural loans using appropriate Loan Origination Software.
- Prepare loan modifications, including deferrals, temporary over lines and change in terms agreements as needed.
- Perform quality control of reviewed commercial loan files.
- Verify loan totals after closing to prepare for input to the loan system, which can include creating checks, GL tickets, wires, and clearing the loan.
- Perform maintenance on core system, which includes payment posting, posting draw requests and running payoffs.
- Answer telephone inquiries from customers, vendors, and employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including back up to other employees in the role of Commercial Loan Processor I.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to handle a high volume of work, with frequent interruptions and tight and often changing deadlines; demonstrate adaptability by adjusting priorities quickly to meet changing demands.
- Must be able to transition from one responsibility to another quickly and smoothly.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills; able to utilize appropriate resources to make decisions.
- Strong attention to detail, quality orientation, and technical aptitude.
- Ability to interact collaboratively and productively to establish and maintain effective working relationships with loan services, lenders, and management.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products and standard office equipment.
- Ability to be mobile in order to retrieve files from various areas of the bank.
- Extensive visual effort may occur due to continued use of PC.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Additional hours may be required during periods of high loan volume.
Training and Preparation
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or related field, or equivalent experience, preferred, but not required.
- Some banking experience, including prior exposure to commercial loan processing, preferred.
- Approximately six months to 1 year of on-the-job training to become familiar with established loan systems and procedures.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.