Fond du Lac Office
Part-Time/Full-Time (38 hrs/wk average)
Under general supervision and in accordance with established policies and procedures, this position performs a variety of routine mailroom and delivery duties. You will manage the organization of the mailroom and process all outgoing mail, ensuring that the proper postage amount is stamped. You will process necessary paperwork for registered, first class, and pre-sort mail, and have mail ready for pick up by established deadlines. The courier coordinates interoffice mail service for the bank, sorts and delivers the mail, and makes regular pickups and deliveries at all home office departments of interoffice envelopes, supplies, etc. Occasionally, the courier will deliver various documents to local banks and businesses and perform outside errands as needed. The courier is also responsible for several Account Services daily jobs on an as-needed basis.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provides mail service for the bank, coordinates the pickup of mail and packages from the post office, and sorts and delivers the mail. Processes all outgoing mail, ensuring that the proper postage amount is stamped. Processes paperwork involved for registered, first class, and pre-sort mail. Sorts and delivers mail to the post office by established deadlines. This duty requires the ability to carry mail trays and other items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Makes regular pickups and deliveries at all Fond du Lac office departments of interoffice envelopes, supplies, etc.
- Delivers various documents including checks, deposits, etc. to various banks and businesses. This duty may be accomplished either by walking or driving depending on the distance.
- Performs outside errands for all departments.
- Is accountable for representing the bank to the customer in a courteous, professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of all customer and bank information
- Meets all project and production deadlines
- Completes all assigned tasks in accordance with bank policies and procedures
Skills and Abilities Required
- Outgoing interpersonal skills to represent the bank in a positive, professional way.
- Knowledge of postal requirements for processing mail in a timely manner
- Possession of a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- Knowledge of the local area to aid in delivery duties.
- Ability to operate mailroom equipment such as postage and folding machines.
- Ability to work well independently and under pressure on heavy volume days of mass mailings.
- Detail-oriented and able to follow time schedules and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be mobile 100% of the time. The majority of time is spent standing and walking.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong business communication skills both orally and written and proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- A moderate amount of bending and lifting of mail. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Required to be on feet for long periods of time (majority of day).
- Some visual effort required due to use of computer screen.
- Ability to adapt to changing weather.
Training and Preparation
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of approximately 2-week training period.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.