Fond du Lac Office
Under general supervision, but in accordance with established policies and procedures, assists lending officers in connection with commercial loan activity. Develops and analyzes all types of credit information pertaining to diversified types of commercial loans, prepares credit reports for loan officers and/or Board of Directors, assigns loan grades, maintains control over credit requirements of current accounts, furnishes loan officers with information dealing with existing problems, and provides any other assistance to loan officers as requested.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develops credit information for use by lending officers and Board of Directors in making lending decisions on new, renewal and extension loans:
- Reviews all pertinent credit and financial information, including reporting services, credit bureaus, and bank files.
- Determines the need for more thorough investigation or additional information, and contacts appropriate sources for such information.
- Prepares all spread sheet and financial information.
- Analyzes financial statements and related material.
- Prepares credit summaries on commercial loan requests and renewals. These include a summary of the credit relationship, cash flow and collateral analysis, and a summary of operating performance comparing data to industry averages.
- Assigns loan grades to commercial customers based on credit risk and stability.
- Periodically reviews all credit, loan and collateral files to ensure information is current and watches for developing problems in the financial position of the customer. Informs loan officers of potential problems.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Abilities Required
- A high level of analytical ability to determine the loan risk involved and recommend credit limitations.
- A strong accounting and/or finance background to analyze financial statements.
- A strong knowledge of loan documentation regulations and procedures.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including a financial calculator, PC with Microsoft Word and Excel, Quickspread financial analysis, software, and other equipment as assigned.
- Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation or dust. Length of work day is unpredictable, depending upon volume of business and department activities.
- Periodic travel to branch offices and/or customer locations is required.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work independently, accurately and maintain good customer relations with the ability to adapt to varying customer and transactional volume. Must be able to quickly re-establish priorities, responding to the changing needs of the department.
- Manual dexterity skills for typing and use of computer and other related office systems and equipment.
- Occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs. is required.
- Occasional bending, reaching and stooping.
- Frequent visual effort is required. Up to 50-75% of the work day is spent at a computer monitor and/or with written or computer-generated paper documents.
- Frequent sitting is required.
Training and Preparation
- A bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or economics.
- Approximately six months of on-the-job training to become familiar with loan procedures.
- Familiarity with agricultural credit is preferred, but not required.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.