Elkhart Lake/Glenbeulah Offices
Part-Time (20-24 hrs/wk)
Performs an array of customer services including completing account transactions and answering customer questions concerning services provided by the bank. Completes teller transactions, including cashing checks, processing deposits and withdrawals. Performs customer maintenance, keying, balancing and indexing. Processes incoming and outgoing vault cash. Where required, assists in the opening and closing procedures at designated locations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Represent the bank in a professional manner while interacting with current and potential customers; courteously and efficiently serve customers’ needs in a confidential manner.
- Proficiently perform customer service tasks including but not limited to:
- Follow appropriate customer identification procedures
- Receive checks and cash for deposit to savings and checking accounts.
- Cash checks and pay money from accounts.
- Actively identify potential issues of fraud using resources.
- Balance and maintain a cash drawer with accuracy and attention to detail
- Issue money orders and official checks with appropriate audit procedures.
- Handle coin which requires bending and lifting.
- Communicate effectively via phone, email and in person.
- Follow bank procedures, abide by banking regulations and actively be alert for potential security issues.
- Complete scanning, keying and balancing of teller work in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Proficiently execute other maintenance and process service requests from customers.
- May require travel to neighboring offices for staffing coverage upon request.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
Skills & Education
Successful performance will be evaluated based on the employee’s ability to:
- Navigate job-related software including Teller Insight, Image Centre and IBS in order to efficiently serve the customer and process transactions.
- Effectively use resources provided in order to independently execute job duties.
- Demonstrate the interpersonal skills necessary to relate to and empathize with other people and to maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor throughout the day.
- Maintain composure and professionalism under pressure, including the ability to effectively deal with unexpected situations and potentially difficult customers and to maintain a cohesive work environment with coworkers.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion of customer and bank information.
- Show high attention to detail, with the ability to problem solve basic issues, i.e., identify and correct balancing errors. Execute basic math skills.
- Operate a computer and other standard office equipment, including a calculator, multi-function printer, coin counter and other equipment as assigned.
- Be mobile in order to look up information and move to different areas of the bank to complete a transaction or discuss a situation with other employees.
- Apply knowledge of bank functions to back up other branch departments when needed.
- Some pressure to work efficiently, accurately, and maintain good customer relations with the ability to adapt to varying customer and transactional volume.
- Required to stand for long periods of time (majority of the day), and occasional bending and lifting of coin bags (up to 30 pounds) to process customer transactions and other assigned duties. Some visual effort required due to use of computer screen.
Training and Preparation
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Cash handling and customer service experience a plus.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.