Fond du Lac Office
Temporary Part-Time/Full-Time (30-40 hrs/wk)
Under general supervision, but in accordance with established policies and procedures, serves as the primary back-up to the Switchboard Operator greeting visitors entering the South Main Office, receiving and transferring incoming calls as necessary. Completes a variety of administrative support functions for the Customer Service and Human Resources areas on a daily basis; provides periodic support to other functional areas.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Run reports as requested and compile data using HR software and MS Excel.
- Update HR digital and electronic records by data entry into software programs, paper files and scanning. Utilize technology to improve efficiency and utilization of HR forms.
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating internal events such as employee training sessions, internal student programming, etc.
- Prepare written communications for internal publication on company intranet site, email and newsletter. Update intranet site with forms and documents as necessary.
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Represent the bank in a professional manner while interacting with current and potential customers; courteously and efficiently serve customers’ needs in a confidential manner in-person and via telephone.
- Answer and route Customer Service department telephone calls; take messages, provide information or direct calls to other staff members or departments as necessary.
- Receive and greet visitors; seat customers and make them comfortable if waiting is required.
- Keep reception and waiting area neat and orderly providing a positive impression to visitors entering the facility. All areas, including coffee and sink area, should be monitored throughout the day and wiped down or straightened as needed.
- Execute tasks with the appropriate level of security including making eye contact with each individual that is encountered and keeping all documentation with customer information out of visitors’ potential site.
- When needed, type letters, memos, and reports for department, with proper grammar, appearance, and accuracy including the new customer communication process.
- Assist Credit Card Administration with organizing files and documentation in preparation for electronic filing. Assist with the scanning, indexing, and quality control as time allows – in addition to other daily projects as needed.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Abilities Required
- The interpersonal skills necessary to relate to and empathize with other people and to maintain a friendly, cheerful, professional and courteous demeanor throughout the day.
- Organizational and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion of employee, customer and bank information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in preparation of correspondence and completion of employee/customer activities.
- Ability to be mobile in order to look up information and move to different areas of the bank to monitor traffic flow, assist customers and discuss a situation with other employees.
- Ability to operate a computer and other standard office equipment. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills such as pivot tables, vlook-up and other advanced formulas and spreadsheet set-up.
- Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation or dust. Length of workday is unpredictable, depending upon volume of business and department activities.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity skills for typing and use of computer and other related office systems and equipment.
- Periodic lifting of up to 30 lbs. is required.
- Occasional bending, reaching and stooping.
- Frequent visual effort is required. Up to 75-100% of the workday is spent at a computer monitor and/or with written or computer-generated paper documents.
- Frequent sitting is required.
Training and Preparation
- Must be a current student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Prior customer service and administrative support experience is beneficial.
- Two to four weeks of on-the-job training to become familiar with departmental procedures and to gain a general knowledge of all departments.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.