Fond du Lac Office
Under general supervision and following established policies and procedures, is primarily responsible for performing entry level Help Desk support. Additional responsibilities include performing in-house IT repair, troubleshooting computer/software problems, and researching causes/solutions under the guidance and direction of experienced members of the IT department. Duties may include addressing network support issues, server and network systems, and workstation/client systems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide customers with basic help-desk support and troubleshooting via phone, email, and the online support ticket system and document support inquiries within the incident management system.
- Support in-house technology needs including PC, laptop, phone, email, printers, document management systems, and security systems across all branch locations. Escalate support incidents as necessary leveraging department and partner resources for resolution and making VP-IT aware of problems/discrepancies/omissions with procedures.
- Communicate incident resolution information to IT team, providing assistance in the creation of knowledgebase information and fostering communications/knowledge transfer.
- May install new hardware, software and conduct individual user training.
- Support the protection of data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means.
- Offer suggestions for possible upgrades and changes within the IT department
- Apply computer repairs including hardware replacement, operating system reinstalls, virus/malware removal, and other computer repair tasks as needed.
- Assist with the installation of workstations, networking equipment, and server solutions.
- Maintain the neatness and organization of stored supplies and workbench areas.
- Responsible for effectively managing and implementing projects as a team member in accordance with IT department methodologies.
Skills and Abilities Required
- General knowledge of multiple hardware platforms in regards to servers, workstations, printers, and other hardware technologies.
- General knowledge and experience with Microsoft-based networking including operating systems and high-level Office based software systems.
- Ability to effectively document procedures; must be well written, clear, concise, and detail oriented to describe functions associated with the position.
- Ability to configure and fix workstations and laptops.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently with strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Exhibit excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Exhibit excellent problem solving skills.
Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation, and dust. Periodic travel to branch offices to perform IT support-related activities. Occasional extra hours required depending on needs. Must have ability to lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis.
Training and Preparation
- In the process of seeking degree in an IT related field.
- Solid understanding of IT Support including technology/computer repair.
- Technical understanding of Windows 7/10 Operating Systems and Microsoft Office.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Server 2008/2012.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory.
- Understanding of cloud, hosted, and Outsourced concepts.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.