Fond du Lac Office
Under general supervision and following established policies and procedures, is primarily responsible for performing entry level Help Desk support. Additional responsibilities include performing in-house IT repair, troubleshooting computer/software problems, and researching causes/solutions under the guidance and direction of experienced members of the IT department. Duties may include addressing network support issues, server and network systems, and workstation/client systems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide customers with basic help-desk support and troubleshooting via phone, email, and the online support ticket system and document support inquiries within incident management system.
- Support in-house technology needs including PC, laptop, phone, email, printers, and document management systems across all branch locations. Escalate support incidents as necessary leveraging department and partner resources for resolution and making SVP-IT aware of problems/discrepancies/omissions with procedures.
- Communicate incident resolution information to IT team, aiding in the creation of knowledgebase information and fostering communications/knowledge transfer allowing for career growth.
- May order and install new hardware, software and conduct individual user training.
- Support the protection of data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means
- Offer suggestions for possible upgrades and changes within the IT department
- Apply computer repairs including hardware replacement, operating system reinstalls, virus/malware removal, and other computer repair tasks as needed.
- Assist the IT department with the installation of workstations, networking equipment, and server solutions.
- Place orders for needed hardware and software.
- Maintains the neatness and organization of stored supplies and workbench areas.
- Responsible for effectively managing and implementing projects as a team member or lead, as assigned, in accordance with IT department methodologies.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Abilities Required
- General knowledge of multiple hardware platforms in regard to servers, workstations, printers, and other hardware technologies.
- General knowledge and experience with Microsoft-based networking including operating systems and high-level Office based software systems.
- Ability to effectively document procedures; must be well written, clear, concise, and detail oriented to describe functions associated with the position.
- Ability to configure and fix workstations and laptops.
- Must be able to quickly re-establish priorities, responding to the changing needs of the department with ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently with strong organizational skills.
- Must exhibit excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently, accurately and maintain good customer relations with the ability to adapt to varying customer and transactional volume.
- Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation or dust. Length of workday is unpredictable, depending upon volume of business and department activities. Occasional extra hours may be required depending on business needs.
- Periodic travel to branch offices and/or customer locations is required to perform IT support-related activities.
- Manual dexterity skills for typing and use of computer and other related office systems and equipment.
- Periodic lifting of up to 35 lbs. is required. Periodic bending, reaching and stooping may be required.
- Frequent visual effort is required. Up to 75% of the workday is spent at a computer monitor and/or with written or computer-generated paper documents.
- Frequent sitting is required. Occasional standing may be required.
Training and Preparation
- In the process of seeking Associates Degree or related experience in an IT related field.
- Solid understanding IT Support including technology / computer repair.
- Technical understanding of Windows 10 Operating Systems and Microsoft Office is required.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory is beneficial.
- Understanding of cloud, hosted, and Outsourced concepts is appreciated.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.