Fond du Lac Office
The position of staff accountant needs an understanding of financial information in order to maintain accurate financial records and general ledgers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Prepare and review various bank general ledger reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries as needed.
- Maintain prepaid and fixed asset system.
- Prepare and review the monthly Branch Reports for management.
- Prepare monthly board reports - security transactions, loan participations, and other reports as deemed necessary.
- Collect data and prepare weekly regulatory reports to be submitted to the Federal Reserve (FR2644- Weekly Report of Selected Assets & Liabilities).
- Provide assistance in collecting data and preparing the Quarterly Call Report (Report of Condition and Income).
- Prepare the quarterly reserve for loan loss.
- Review all investment security purchases and sales for accurate accounting on internal general ledger and third-party bond accounting system.
- Maintain and ensure daily that Repurchase Agreements and Pledged Municipal accounts are allocated sufficient collateral.
- Update investment securities’ market and par values monthly to ensure accuracy for the pledge reports.
- Manage investment accounts the bank has opened with other financial institutions, providing monthly accrual and adjustments to the general ledger.
- Provide backup for wires.
- Provide backup to accounting representative’s daily work in the event of an absence.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Abilities
- General ledger and accounting experience.
- Internal audit or bank experience.
- Ability to work independently, accurately and maintain good relations with other bank employees.
- Ability to adapt to varying work and transactional volume. Must be able to quickly re-establish priorities, responding to the changing needs of the department.
- Skilled in the use of computers, Microsoft Excel and Word software.
- Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation or dust. Length of work day is unpredictable, depending upon volume of business and department activities.
- Manual dexterity skills for typing and use of computer and other related office systems and equipment.
- Periodic lifting of up to 10 lbs. is required.
- Periodic bending, reaching and stooping.
- Constant visual effort is required. 90 - 100% of the work day is spent at a computer monitor and/or with written or computer-generated paper documents.
- Frequent / Constant sitting is required.
Training and Preparation
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Accounting, CPA is not required.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.