Fond du Lac Office
Under supervision by management, but in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulations, will own the onboarding process for retail lenders and be the primary resource for all loan system questions across retail and commercial lenders, including all job systems training. Will be responsible to serve as a key contributor in leading the analysis of loan origination system functionality and making recommendations and performing system implementations across the lending and loan services functions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Facilitate LOS and loan process training in the onboarding of new retail lenders to facilitate better educated lenders who produce quickly with more efficiency. May also assist in the training of commercial lenders. Create and maintain training materials and manuals and engage in lender training updates, as provided by loan services.
- Review and monitor all LOS system updates to determine if any additional training is needed and/or assess if the changes will impact workflow or functionality.
- Manage the retail POS and LOS Systems including working with vendors and internal resources in identifying and analyzing system functionalities and recommending and implementing identified enhancements for system and process improvement.
- Build and/or modify Product Templates in support of all new and existing loan products.
- Serve as subject matter expert and POS and LOS Help Desk to respond to retail and commercial lender questions relative to process and system capabilities, as well as serving as the primary resource for helping lenders locate forms, creating custom documentation, and streamlining customer documentation requirements.
- Serve as the primary lender resource for regulatory questions; take ownership of TRID training, Reg B decisions, and advising lenders on when to reapply, re-disclose, deny, withdraw, or cancel a loan including basic structuring questions.
- Responsible for retail lending evaluation and education of future acquired institution including lending systems, culture, and support for new team members.
- Lead weekly retail lending calls and support the monthly Lender Advisory Team meetings.
- Coordinate and/or lead LOS system and/or process related projects, as needed.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Abilities
- Interpersonal skills to build relationships and effectively communicate with internal customers and other bank resources, as well as the ability to effectively work with system vendors. Must project a positive bank image with the ability to resolve issues or discrepancies effectively.
- Strong knowledge of mortgage and banking/financial industry, as well as bank operations including loan documentation, underwriting and compliance requirements, and available loan programs.
- Strong computer skills including experience with loan origination software including in-depth knowledge of functionality; proficient user of Microsoft Excel and related products.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly with loan and other policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to conduct analysis of systems, reports and related data to assess, recommend and implement efficiencies, and improve processes, as well as demonstrate the ability to identify and share best demonstrated practices across the lender and loan operations functions.
- Ability to problem-solve and use good judgment, while demonstrating innovative thought and creativity.
- Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation or dust. Length of work day is unpredictable, depending upon volume of business and department activities.
- Periodic travel to branch offices and/or customer locations is required.
- Must be able to work independently, accurately and maintain good customer relations with the ability to adapt to varying customer and transactional volume. Must be able to quickly re-establish priorities, responding to the changing needs of the department.
- Manual dexterity skills for typing and use of computer and other related office systems and equipment.
- Constant visual effort is required. Up to 75-100% of the work day is spent at a computer monitor and/or with written or computer-generated paper documents.
- Frequent sitting is required.
Training and Preparation
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, training, systems or other related field or comparable work history.
- 5+ years of experience with retail lending including secondary market loans; prior experience in mortgage operations function helpful.
- Prior lender development and training experience required.
- Wide-ranging LOS knowledge and experience preferred.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.