Fond du Lac Office
Under general supervision, but in compliance with established policies and procedures perform various mortgage loan functions, specializing in the Fannie Mae secondary market. Serve as the primary servicing point of contact for Fannie Mae loans. This involves booking the participation side of the secondary market loans, running the daily purchase advice and cash remittance, preparing Fannie Mae modifications, reviewing Fannie Mae rejects and completing several different daily/monthly/annual reports. Process a variety of system work and completion of reports. Other duties include ensuring unapplied payments are run correctly, reviewing and fixing any daily maintenance cross check errors, following all state, OCC, Fannie Mae, and banking regulations, assisting lenders and customers with telephone inquiries, and performing back-up duties, as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Note: Performance in this position will be evaluated based on the incumbent’s ability to complete the following duties efficiently.
- Responsible for parting out all purchased secondary market loans and sending in the daily loan payments to Fannie Mae loan.
- Preparation of the monthly/annual accounting reports of participated mortgage loans.
- Daily management of the unapplied and Maintenance Cross Check error system reports. Ensure reports are completed accurately and timely.
- Serve as one of the main contacts between the lender and FHLB for the Downpayment Plus Program. Obtain all required documents from lender, verify the customer’s eligibility for the grant program, and enter the information into the FHLB website.
- Serve as a backup for booking mortgage loans on IBS by using our upload process and assist in the system checkback process.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient knowledge of all Loan Servicing systems and general ledger.
- Strong understanding of state, CFPB, and OCC regulations to ensure all documentation is accurate and falls within legal guidelines preferred.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Must be able to work independently, accurately and maintain good customer relations with the ability to adapt to varying customer and transactional volume. Must be able to quickly re-establish priorities, responding to the changing needs of the department.
- Ability to use a PC with Microsoft Word and Excel, database software, along with other equipment, as needed. Ability to use a calculator, check writer, copy/scan/fax machine.
- Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation or dust. Length of workday is unpredictable, depending upon volume of business and department activities.
- Manual dexterity skills and use of computer and other related office systems and equipment.
- Occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs. is required.
- Occasional bending, reaching and stooping.
- Continuous visual effort is required. Up to 75-100% of the workday is spent at a computer monitor and/or with written or computer-generated paper documents.
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time.
Training and Preparation
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in a business-related field is helpful.
- Relevant 3-5 years’ experience servicing secondary market mortgage loans or an equivalent combination of education and experience is helpful.
- Approximately 1-2 years on the job training to become familiar with bank systems and procedures.
There is no employment agreement intended or implied by this job description. Also, this job description does not modify or limit the employment-at-will relationship.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.