Under general supervision by management, is responsible for efficient, effective oversight of full-service branch offices, ensuring that established policies and procedures are followed. Responsible to meet Operational goals including deposit, online, mobile and other established metrics. Supervises operations employees and ensures their duties are performed efficiently. Other duties include customer service, security, teller transactions, community relations and some facility administration.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provides customer services such as explaining savings and checking programs, opening new accounts, approving checks and customer relations. May also fill in within the teller area when needed. Must be able to perform all branch operations functions. Steps in on difficult customer situations, providing resolution and options, where needed.
- Reviews branch performance data for trends and identifies areas of strengths and needed improvement to maximize branch profitability.
- Makes regular business development calls independently and with lenders to solicit new business or improve services to existing clients and submits ongoing monthly summary of contacts to appropriate supervisors. Assumes community leadership presence.
- Trains, schedules, assigns work to, and reviews job performance of team members; makes recommendations in regard to hiring and salary; and, when necessary, executes corrective action steps for personnel. Responsible for staff efficiency ratios and optimizing resource allocation.
- Ensures that the locations balance all transactions at the close of each business day. Helps staff to resolve balancing and end-of-day problems. Ensures established vault and drawer limits are adhered to.
- Oversees general maintenance of the locations. This includes ensuring that all equipment is working properly. Occasional lifting, shoveling, and bending may be required to complete these duties.
- Carries out all security procedures at the bank in line with established security procedures.
- Ensures that the locations are open and ready to conduct business each business day.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed including special projects assigned by management.
Skills and Abilities Required
- A thorough knowledge of branch operations to coordinate the daily functioning of the locations and to resolve employee and customer problems. Ability to make critical decisions regarding customer transactions, potential fraud or other immediate needs.
- Ability to supervise multiple employees and effectively answer questions and resolve problems. Ability to provide guidance and influence direct reports to help strengthen knowledge and skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Complete familiarity with the bank's policies, procedures and guidelines. Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures including the ability to analyze and interpret data to aid in decision making.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality of customer, bank and prospective client information.
- A thorough knowledge of the customer service and personal banker roles.
- The interpersonal skills necessary to represent the bank in a positive and professional way, conduct business development calls and deal with current and potential customers. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in written or verbal exchanges.
- Ability to operate PC with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software and other standard office equipment, including a calculator, copier/scanner, fax machine and other equipment as assigned.
- Ability to be mobile in order to move throughout the bank answering questions and working in different areas.
- Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation or dust. Length of work day is unpredictable, depending upon volume of business and department activities.
- Periodic travel to branch offices and/or customer locations is required.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work independently, accurately and maintain good customer relations with the ability to adapt to varying customer and transactional volume. Must be able to quickly re-establish priorities, responding to the changing needs of the department.
- Manual dexterity skills for typing and use of computer and other related office systems and equipment.
- Periodic lifting of up to 30 lbs. is required.
- Occasional bending, reaching and stooping.
- Frequent visual effort is required. Up to 75-100% of the work day is spent at a computer monitor and/or with written or computer-generated paper documents.
- Frequent sitting is required.
Training and Preparation
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate or Bachelor degree in business or other related field preferred.
- Three years of bank operations and customer contact experience.
- Prior people management experience is a plus.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.