Fond du Lac
Position will gain knowledge of all lending products/services offered by National Exchange Bank and Trust by working closely with lending staff. Knowledge will be gained in the loan origination process by gathering the necessary paperwork needed to determine a loan decision. Through knowledge gained, relationships will be built with internal and external referral partners. Prioritization, communication and ability to multi-task are necessary in this position.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Take and evaluate installment applications and in-house and secondary mortgage applications including supporting documentation; answers loan-related inquiries via phone, email and in-person. Manages applications via both in-person and online application methods.
- Participate in community affairs to increase the banks’ visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Develop new business by contacting prospects and customers, cross-sell bank services.
- Assist in answering Loan Servicing questions poised to other NEBAT employees.
- Ability to work with external partners (realtors, title companies, insurance agents, etc.)
- Perform other duties, responsibilities and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Communication skills including an ability to collaborate with both internal and external clients.
- Communicate options available to existing and potential customer and conduct business development calls with potential customers and referral partners.
- Knowledge of loan documentation and compliance requirements. Knowledge of bank operations preferred.
- Computer skills including prior experience with lending software.
- Commitment to sharing expertise and providing a high level of client service.
- Ability to multi-task and project management skills.
- Development of referral networks though various avenues.
- Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation or dust. Length of work day is unpredictable, depending upon volume of business and department activities.
- Periodic travel to branch offices and/or customer locations is required.
- Must be able to work independently, accurately and maintain good customer relations with the ability to adapt to varying customer and transactional volume. Must be able to quickly re-establish priorities, responding to the changing needs of the department.
- Manual dexterity skills for typing and use of computer and other related office systems and equipment.
- Frequent/Constant visual effort is required. Up to 90% of the work day is spent at a computer monitor and/or with written or computer-generated paper documents.
- Frequent/Constant sitting is required.
Training and Preparation
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or a related field or comparable work history.
- Registered NMLS preferred, but not required.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.