Fond du Lac Office
Under general supervision, but in compliance with established policies and procedures, performs various loan department functions including, but not limited to: preparing and reviewing loan documentation and checks, balancing transactions, and submitting transactional information to appropriate third parties. Other duties include taking telephone inquiries from vendors and customers, tracking and reporting loan progress, and back-up duties as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Collect and enter all pertinent customer, collateral, and loan data in a timely manner.
- Prepare loan documentation for consumer loans using appropriate Loan Origination Software, as assigned.
- Verify loan totals after closing to prepare for input to the loan system, which can include creating checks, GL tickets, wires, and clearing the loan.
- Perform maintenance on core system, which includes payment posting, running payoffs, processing insurance payments.
- Perform various other duties as assigned: process escrowed insurance premiums, insurance reports, track paid and delinquent property taxes, post payment rejects, release lien perfections, disbursements and track PECFA payments, etc.
- Answer telephone inquiries from customers, vendors, and employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interact collaboratively and productively to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and Microsoft products.
- Ability to work under high stress levels, with frequent interruptions and with tight and often changing deadlines
- Ability to be mobile in order to retrieve files from various areas of the bank.
- Must be able to move from one responsibility to another quickly and smoothly.
- Due to the changing volumes of the mortgage industry, must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to quickly re-establish priorities, responding to the changing needs of the mortgage loan department.
- Must be able to respond quickly to department needs or loan officer needs.
Training and Preparation
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field (or equivalent experience) preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years of banking experience, including prior exposure to mortgage and secondary market processing preferred but not required.
- Approximately six months to 1 year of on the job training to become familiar with established loan systems and procedures.
- Regulatory and compliance training to stay abreast of current and new state and government regulations.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.