Fond du Lac Office
Following established policies and procedures, responds to questions pertaining to the features and benefits of Safe Deposit Box options, pricing, best practices, and security. Completes lease agreements, communicates with branch staff to remind of procedures, highlight changes, and act as a resource for questions. Position is expected to be the expert on safe deposit and to work with the Regional Operations Leaders to address unusual situations and concerns of liability.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Permits customers access to their individual boxes with the use of the guard key and the customer’s key, lifts and may carry safe deposit box weighing up to 30 pounds, escorts customers to booths, inspects booths when customers leave, dusts booths, and secures safe deposit box access doors and escorts customers out of the vault area.
- Rents safe deposit boxes: Interviews customers to obtain necessary information, drafts rental contracts and obtains signatures, issues safe deposit box keys, and explains the rights and privileges pertaining to the safe deposit box.
- Maintains safe deposit billing records and updates computer records. Mails past due/termination notices and billing statements as rentals come due. Processes payments that may be delivered to the safe deposit desk from external mail.
- Closes safe deposit accounts, makes sure box is empty, changes the locks on closed boxes, and/or has the lock drilled if the box is delinquent or keys unreturned. Responsible for securing unclaimed items for all offices until claimed by owner/agent.
- Responsible for all offices for the following: daily report distribution, weekly past due reports, termination notices as needed, escheatment processes, ordering safe box supplies and the annual waived box report.
- Ongoing Training as Safe Deposit Lead to provide support and clarity for customer phone calls both internal and external, branch emails and support for updates to the Safe Box Manual. Prepare and distribute Monthly Newsletters and lead an Annual Safe Deposit Training and Audit Review.
Safe Deposit – Checkback Lead
- Monitor email to ensure a team member claims the work and adds it to spreadsheet.
- Monitor to ensure checkback is being done in a timely manner according to procedures.
- Review Daily Activity Reports for all offices to ensure maintenance and documentation is accounted for by the Checkback Team.
- Follow up with the team as needed for correction or missing documents.
- Schedule and organize monthly Checkback Team meetings.
Credit Card Administration
- Download daily balancing reports and distribute to Accounting.
- Daily job duties as needed:
- Support internal and external phone calls as needed
- Process both Consumer and Business Applications
- Perform Maintenance – add cardholders, address changes, limit adjustments, and other miscellaneous items
- Perform Checkback for maintenance done by other team members
- Monitor and respond to emails coming into the Credit Card Admin group
- Process payments or adjustments when applicable
- Miscellaneous other– cleanup projects, new product/services, Imaging
- Utilize eZBusiness & eZCard applications and assist user issues and concerns.
- Familiarity with the following: Credit Card Admin Manual, Dispute Resolution Center, Audit Narrative, FIS Client Portal to assist when covering for Credit Card Lead.
- Image Centre: Scan, Index, and Quality Control of documents
Official Documents / Rate Verification – Other Duties
- Distribute checks, money orders and logs to branches as requested.
- Maintain Official Document Inventory spreadsheets.
- Monitor supply of documents in stock and replenish supply as needed.
- Verify rate changes on nebat.com.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Interpersonal skills to represent the bank in a positive manner when dealing with customers and internal staff.
- Must be accurate and consistent when following procedures and communicating with customers and other employees.
- Ability to operate a computer and other standard office equipment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- A knowledge of bank functions to back up other branch departments when needed.
- Some pressure to work efficiently, accurately, and maintain good customer relations.
- Ability to multi-task during high volume times.
- Requires high amount of visual effort due to use of computer screen.
- Must have the ability to climb up step stool and pull out safe deposit boxes weighing up to 30 pounds, some of which may be large and awkward to handle.
Training and Preparation
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous Customer Service experience.
- Preferred 5 or more years of banking or previous Safe Deposit / Credit Card Experience.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.