Fond du Lac Office
Provide strategic management by directing and monitoring the collection and workout process for delinquent and charged-off commercial, mortgage and installment loan accounts. This position is also responsible for the recovery, maintenance and sale of repossessed assets and real estate, assisting with development of departmental procedures and policies and supervises collection department staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Maintains acceptable delinquency ratios as determined and communicated by senior management, according to prevailing economic conditions.
- Reduces loss exposure through timely collection efforts and management of delinquent accounts and other real estate owned (OREO) and repossessed assets.
- Operates cost effective recovery and maintains plans for repossessed assets and real estate and their disposal maximum sale prices to reduce charge-off and deficiency balances.
- Achieves maximum recovery rate of charge-off and deficiency balances.
- Provides guidance, support, management and leadership of direct reports within the department to achieve departmental and individuals’ success as part of the overall organization’s mission, attributes and goals.
- Prepares delinquency reports for the Board of Directors.
- Approve and recommendations to management in collaboration with lenders when there may be a loss on a loan.
- Provide loan documentation to legal counsel and work collaboratively to update counsel on status of collection activities.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Abilities
- A high level of interpersonal skills designed to maintain good customer relations yet accomplish successful collection outcomes with customers, bank staff and legal counsel.
- Knowledge of Wisconsin laws and regulations for commercial, retail and consumer laws.
- A high level of problem-solving ability, combined with investigative and creative thinking talents.
- A high degree of job knowledge relating to loan collection techniques, procedures, policies and legalities, and thorough knowledge of loan operating systems.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including intermediate proficiency of Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook to include formatting documents and using basic formulas.
- Valid WI Driver’s License.
- Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation or dust. Length of work day is unpredictable, depending upon volume of business and department activities.
- Periodic travel to various locations to participate in court actions, hearings, sheriff’s auctions and property visits are required.
- Must be able to work independently, accurately and maintain good customer relations with the ability to adapt to varying customer and transactional volume. Must be able to quickly re-establish priorities, responding to the changing needs of the department.
- Manual dexterity skills for typing and use of computer and other related office systems and equipment.
- Occasional lifting of up to 15 lbs. is required.
- Occasional bending, reaching and stooping.
- Constant visual effort is required. Up to 75-100% of the work day is spent at a computer monitor and/or with written or computer-generated paper documents.
- Frequent sitting is required.
Training and Preparation
- Requires an equivalent combination of post-secondary and/or occupational education and professional experience to include a minimum of five years in the banking and/or collections industry. Three to five years previous workout and collections experience is required.
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience is preferred.
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.