Elkhart Lake Office
Under supervision by senior management, but in accordance with established policies and procedures, manages loan accounts that meet established lending requirements. Responsible for origination and servicing residential mortgage loans inclusive of new purchases, refinances, construction & Lot purchase, and home equity lines of credit. Embrace and promote the NEBAT brand and lending philosophies through leverage of key referral relationships and targeted centers of influence.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Performance in this position will be evaluated based on ability to perform the following duties effectively:
- Takes, evaluates and decisions in-house and secondary mortgage applications and installment applications including supporting documentation; answers loan-related inquiries via phone, email and in-person. Manages applications via both in-person and online application methods.
- Participates in community affairs to increase the bank's visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Develop new business by contacting prospects and customers, cross-sell bank services.
- Monitor loan repayment activities and take necessary action to collect from past-due accounts.
- Monitors construction loans including inspection, disbursing funds and collecting lien waivers.
- Helps in organizing and prioritizing open exception files.
- Performs other duties, as needed or assigned, including special projects.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong communication skills including an ability to collaborate with both internal and external clients. Clearly communicate options available to existing and potential customers and conduct business development calls with potential customers.
- A strong knowledge of loan documentation, compliance requirements, current pricing and available loan programs. Knowledge of bank operations preferred.
- Strong computer skills including prior experience with mortgage loan origination software.
- Solid commitment to sharing expertise and providing a high level of client service.
- Ability to multi-task and strong project management.
- Willingness to develop strong referral networks through various avenues.
- Ability to be mobile in order to attend offsite prospecting functions, seminars, meetings and to meet with clients at alternate locations, as required.
- Length of work day is unpredictable. Must be available for after-hour calls when needed.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
Training and Preparation
- 4-5 years of experience with secondary market loans, formal credit training preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or a related field or comparable work history.
- Registered NMLS
Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.