Customer Service Representative
West Bend Office
Part-Time (33-40 hrs/wk)
Under general supervision, but in accordance with established policies and procedures, performs a broad variety of customer services such as opening accounts, selling bank products and services and answering questions concerning services provided by the bank from customers. Complete teller transactions, including cashing checks, processing deposits and withdrawals. Performs CIS input, keying, balancing and indexing. Processes incoming and outgoing vault cash.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Represent the bank in a professional manner while interacting with current and potential customers and courteously and efficiently serving a customer’s needs.
Open new accounts to include:
- Analyzing customer needs and explaining options such as single and joint ownership, FDIC insurance, various savings and checking account programs available and ancillary services.
- Suggesting relevant services for the customer, gathering needed information and disseminating required disclosures.
- Preparing all documentation and assisting the customer in signing of documents necessary to process new accounts. Receiving initial deposit and ensuring that all new accounts are properly processed.
Perform CIS input of new accounts and maintenance on deposit and loan accounts.
Actively cross-sells the Bank's services in a professional manner. Follows up on all new accounts to make sure the customer is satisfied with the services provided.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit to savings and checking accounts, verify deposit amounts, examines checks for endorsements and negotiability, and enters transactions into bank records. Actively identify potential issues of fraud.
- Cashes checks and pays money from savings and checking accounts upon verification of signatures and customer account balances. Inspects all checks, bonds, money orders, savings withdrawals, and so forth to determine their negotiability.
- Receive loan payments, ensuring that the payments equal the amount due and that all late charges if applicable are collected.
- Issue money orders and official checks to customers which may require walking to a typewriter to process the transaction. Deals with most cash advance requests.
- Communicate effectively via phone, email and in person. Answer questions and solves problems for customers concerning all services provided by the bank by listening to problems, collecting data, securing answers, and reporting results to the inquiring party.
- Follow bank procedures and actively be alert for potential fraud issues.
- Handles some inquiries dealing with foreign check approvals and signature verification. Process foreign currency transactions.
- Handle coin which requires bending and lifting
- Cross-trained in the following duties for daily activity or back-up duties as appropriate:
- all imaging operational duties
- loan and other new account entries on the system
- account maintenance on the system
- vault attendant duties which requires lifting up to 30 pounds
- balancing ATM as applicable
- type letters, memos and other correspondence
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- May require travel to neighboring offices for staffing coverage upon request.
Skills & Education
- The interpersonal skills necessary to relate to and empathize with other people and to maintain a friendly, cheerful, and courteous demeanor through the day.
- Ability to operate a computer and other standard office equipment, including a calculator, fax, coin counter and other equipment as assigned.
- Ability to be mobile in order to look up information and move to different areas of the bank to complete a transaction or discuss a situation with another employee.
- A knowledge of bank functions to back up other branch departments when needed.
- Some pressure to work efficiently, accurately, and maintain good customer relations.
- Required to stand for long periods of time (majority of the day), and occasional bending and lifting of coin bags (up to 50 pounds) to process customer transactions and other assigned duties. Some visual effort required due to use of computer screen.
Training and Preparation
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Cash handling experience is a plus.
Apply Online ›
OR Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are interested in more information, please e-mail us or call us at (920) 921-7700.
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.