Customer Service Representative
Part-Time (25-32 hrs/wk)
Under general supervision, but in accordance with established policies and procedures, performs an array of customer services including completing a variety of basic account transactions, selling bank products and services and answering customer questions concerning services provided by the bank. Completes teller transactions, including cashing checks, processing deposits and withdrawals. Performs CIS input, keying, balancing and indexing. Processes incoming and outgoing vault cash. Where required, assists in the opening and closing procedures at designated locations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Represent the bank in a professional manner while interacting with current and potential customers; courteously and efficiently serve customers’ needs in a confidential manner.
- Effectively perform all items outlined in the Teller Training Summary document including but not limited to:
- Identify customer and establish their authority on an account before taking any action; identify non-customers and their rights to conduct the transaction requested.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit to savings and checking accounts, verify deposit amounts, examine checks for endorsements and negotiability, identify and detect counterfeit currency and enter transactions into bank system.
- Cash checks and pay money from accounts upon verification of signatures and customer account balances. Inspect all checks, bonds, money orders, savings withdrawals and other documents and instruments to determine negotiability.
- Actively identify potential issues of fraud using resources, engage in conversations with customer and communicate to appropriate areas.
- Balance and maintain a cash drawer with accuracy and attention to detail; stay within designated drawer limits.
- Receive loan payments; ensure payments are appropriately applied.
- Issue money orders and official with appropriate audit procedures.
- Handle some inquiries dealing with foreign check approvals and signature verification. Process foreign currency transactions.
- Handle coin which requires bending and lifting.
- Communicate effectively via phone, email and in person. Answer questions and solve problems for customers concerning all services provided by the bank; listen to problems, collect data, secure answers and report results to the inquiring party.
- Follow bank procedures, abide by banking regulations and actively be alert for potential security issues.
- Complete scanning, keying and balancing of teller work in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Understand bank products and services in order to actively identify customer needs and refer customers to appropriate personnel for financial services in a professional manner. Follow up on all new services to make sure customers are satisfied with the services provided.
- May be cross-trained in the following duties for daily activity or back-up duties as appropriate and applicable:
- execute account maintenance on the system
- perform vault attendant duties which require lifting up to 30 pounds
- balance ATM as applicable
- assist with safe deposit box access
- conduct cash advances
- create letters, memos and other correspondence
- May require travel to neighboring offices for staffing coverage upon request.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to navigate job-related software including Teller Insight, Image Centre and IBS in order to efficiently serve the customer and process transactions.
- Ability to effectively use resources provided in order to independently execute job duties.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills necessary to relate to and empathize with other people and to maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor throughout the day.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure and professionalism under pressure, including the ability to effectively deal with unexpected situations and potentially difficult customers and to maintain a cohesive work environment with coworkers.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion of customer and bank information.
- High attention to detail, with the ability to problem solve basic issues, i.e., identify and correct balancing errors. Demonstrated basic math skills.
- Ability to operate a computer and other standard office equipment, including a calculator, fax, coin counter and other equipment as assigned.
- Ability to be mobile in order to look up information and move to different areas of the bank to complete a transaction or discuss a situation with other employees.
- Knowledge of bank functions to back up other branch departments when needed.
- Some pressure to work efficiently, accurately, and maintain good customer relations with the ability to adapt to varying customer and transactional volume.
- Required to stand for long periods of time (majority of the day), and occasional bending and lifting of coin bags (up to 30 pounds) to process customer transactions and other assigned duties. Some visual effort required due to use of computer screen.
Training and Preparation
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Cash handling and customer service experience a plus.
Apply Online ›
OR Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 988
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
If you are interested in more information, please e-mail us or call us at (920) 921-7700.
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.