Coronavirus Preparedness Statement
This page is intended to keep you informed of the actions we are currently taking to do our part during the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic.
We continue to recommend that all of our customers choose limited contact banking solutions such as the drive-ups, after-hours depositories, ATMs, and all digital banking tools. However, we acknowledge that some interactions are more effectively and efficiently completed via a lobby interaction with the proper precautions in place.
Following the recommendations of our health care and governmental partners, we have established expectations for our employees and customers to do our part in contributing to a safer environment.
As a bank we will:
- Continue our elevated cleaning expectations for our facilities and customer interactions spaces.
- Use plexiglass shields in customer contact spaces to separate the customer and employee during close interactions.
- Request employees follow all CDC guidelines for self-care both at work and home that decrease the potential for being exposed to coronavirus.
- Ask our employees to complete a daily health assessment to keep everyone healthy.
Visitors to our facilities are expected to:
- Choose to remain at home if they are not feeling well.
- Maintain six feet of physical distance between individuals encountered in our facilities.
- Limit the time inside the facility to that which is needed to complete the transaction.
Making an Appointment
You may reach out directly to the office where an appointment is desired to schedule time with our bankers. A listing of locations and hours may be found at nebat.com/locations.
Digital and Non-Contact Banking Continues to be a Safer Alternative
Whether you desire to open an account, check balances, deposit a check, or more, our Personal Bankers and Business Services Group are happy to assist you in learning to navigate our eBanking services. Please do not hesitate to reach out!
Personal eBanking Business eBanking
Personal Mobile Deposit Business Mobile Deposit
Drive-up & ATM Locations Bank-by-Phone
Beware of Fraud
Unfortunately, in addition to times like this bringing out the best in people, it also brings out fraudsters. Please be extra cautious in clicking links or responding to inquiries that you did not initiate. Imposter, Investment and Product Scams will escalate in this environment. Please do not be shy in talking about these potentials with your family members, and review the following for more information.
- NEBAT Fraud Page
- Federal Trade Commission: Coronavirus Scams
- CFPB Pandemic Resource Page
- Contact Tracing Scammer Alert
We will use our social media pages and this website page to keep our customers informed, and may also send customer emails out. It is important to remember that National Exchange Bank & Trust is a strong, locally-owned financial institution that is well positioned with local decision makers. We will continue to act prudently and within the advice of our partners through our current events.
Federal Trade Commission: Thinking Critically About Coronavirus News and Information