Taking steps towards financial independence is easier, as young adults learn to manage their money with their own checking account.
Rewards for making good financial choices:
- ATM fee refunds* - get cash where you are without worrying about the fee.
- Interest rate bonuses on your qualifying savings, money market or CD account.
- Online and Mobile banking.
- Remote Check Deposit - no need to be in town or make a trip to the bank.
- Visa® CheckCard with no annual fee that earns you rewards simply by signing for your purchase.
*ATM refunds will occur within two business days of each ATM transaction.
Qualifying for Rewards
- Eligible customers will have celebrated fewer than 26 birthdays.
- eStatements - all account statements in the program must be delivered electronically (which requires acceptance of the eStatement and eNotice Agreement).
- Then pick what works best for you during the qualification cycle - Go Electronic OR Balance it Out:
- Go Electronic
Direct Deposit or Remote Check Deposit at least $25.
Use your CheckCard four or more times
Limit your checks to less than three debits
- Balance it Out
Keep an average of $200 of your hard-earned funds in the bank in a combination of qualifying accounts. (Savings accounts with a WUTMA title are not included.)
- Go Electronic
Track your rewards and qualification progress.
Banking Benefits may be monitored any time during the cycle by logging into the Exchange OnLine full site and email alerts will be sent the Wednesday morning of a new rewards cycle to let you know if you met the requirements for the previous cycle.
Easy Online Account Opening
Young adults ages 18-25 may open a Step-up Checking account online.
Pick your package. Open a Step-up Checking account in combination with a Steps Savings account.