In alignment with our Corporate Mission Statement, National Exchange Bank & Trust wants to build strong customer relationships by attracting and retaining genuine and committed employees who perform their roles with integrity and fairness. We believe that a diverse workforce, reflective of the communities we serve, helps us become stronger.
We desire to create and maintain a positive work environment that values individual similarities and differences and enables employees to reach their potential and maximize their contributions to NEBAT.
Key Objectives include:
- To attract, recruit and retain a workforce with diverse backgrounds and perspectives in thought, style, culture and experience, inclusive of equal employment opportunity.
- To develop external partnerships that support inclusiveness.
- To care for, value and develop employees to conduct business in a responsible and profitable manner through different perspectives and ideas that help sustain and grow our business.
Engagement activities to achieve these objectives may include, but are not limited to:
- Engage in external partnerships with higher education, businesses, not-for-profits and affinity groups to attract a pipeline of diverse talent.
- Engage in outreach efforts to identify and connect with diverse talent.
- Engage in marketing that aligns to the value we place on a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Encourage internal and external networking, service, mentoring and learning opportunities including involvement in the communities we serve.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
NEBAT provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), age, national origin, marital/parental status, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, arrest or conviction record, or any other protected class status as defined by local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Furthermore, the Bank expects every employee to show courtesy and professionalism to all co-workers, customers, applicants and the general public. All interactions, services and contacts should be non-discriminatory in nature.