Consent Form for Overdraft Services
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to another account you have with us or a line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What Are the Standard Overdraft Practices That Come With My Account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks, in-person withdrawals, ACH transactions, pre-authorized automatic transfers
- Automatic bill payments, internet banking transfers, telephone banking transactions
- Recurring CheckCard transactions
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday CheckCard transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of
transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What Fees Will I Be Charged If National Exchange Bank & Trust Pays My Overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you an Overdraft/NSF fee of up to $35 each time we pay an overdraft.
- We will not charge a checking account participating in the Overdraft Privilege Program an Overdraft/NSF fee for transactions that overdraw an account by an aggregate amount of $10 or less.
- There is a limit of five (5) per item overdraft fees we will charge you for overdrawing your account on any business day.
- Also, if your business account is overdrawn five or more consecutive business days, we will charge an additional fee.
What If I Want National Exchange Bank & Trust to Authorize and Pay Overdrafts On My ATM and Everyday CheckCard Transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday CheckCard transactions, complete the form below or call 877-578-1670.
ODP Opt-In Form
By completing the form below and clicking submit, you are confirming that you want National Exchange Bank & Trust to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday CheckCard transactions.